Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, totally worn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

So, I was just wondering…

woman wondering

It’s always nice to see someone’s hard work get the praise and acknowledgement it deserves and we all know that it takes a lot of work to maintain blogs. It take a heckuva lot of my time and I don’t do nearly as much as most people do. (I wouldn’t be able to anyway with this damn dial-up connection but that’s a topic for another day.)  One thing that I have learned to enjoy during this journey is that each blog is truly unique. Even though many of us share a love of reading and reviewing books we don’t do it the same way and that’s not all we write about. It’s so nice to find out tidbits about others and get a little glimpse into their world. It’s amazing how close you can feel to people you’ve never really “met” but have shared so much with.

One things I’ve learned for certain is that I could never do this alone. I’ve had to ask so many questions along the way and often turned to others for help and advice. When I started my own blog on October 12, 2008, Lenore of Presenting Lenore was the very first person to comment on my first post. I was so thrilled that someone was visiting me!  I’ve been very fortunate to have many kind people take pity on me and stop by for a visit. I’ve been even luckier to actually have many of them come back again too! I’m sure there’s a way to figure out who has commented the most and all of that but I’m not exactly sure how to do that yet and it doesn’t really matter anyway. Each and every person is very much appreciated. I know for a fact that there is one person who does stand out above all the rest though. We were first in book clubs together and then started our blogs at the same time. Although we’ve only chatted on the computer, she’s someone I’ve gotten to know over the last few years and I am lucky to have found her. Kaye of Pudgy Penguin Perusals is a very special person and has a terrific blog too. I wish I could mention everyone by name but there are just too many of you, but I do thank you all!

So I was just wondering, who is the person who has been the most supportive of your blogging/reviewing/reading/writing career? Is there someone that you would like to name here, that really deserves to be recognized? Come on people – this is your chance to give that special person a shout out! We’re a friendly bunch and would love to hear all about them. And thanks again for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. I can always count on Kathy from Bermudaonion to leave a comment no matter what the post is about. She is truly amazing in that way. And I noticed she comments on many many other blogs. I always appreciate her stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so incredibly glad to hear that another blogger is struggling with dial-up! I feel like I'm the only one, but I live in an area that is too rural for high-speed at the moment (we're fighting for it, though!).

    Great question today: there are three bloggers that immediately came to mind, and the funny thing is that all three have very different blogs! These women always take the time to stop by and comment, or just make me smile. Diane from http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com always stops by and comments- she is superwoman! Mandy from http://mandyslifeafter30.blogspot.com is another frequent commenter and supporter! And Debbie from www.suburbsanity.com is both hilarious and a welcome visitor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, there are too many people to name! I really appreciate Laura's kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Sweetie for the shout out. You know I feel exactly the same way about you! After all you're my baby chick and I really appreciate how you have so kindly humored this old lady and all the help you have given me! There are so many wonderful bloggers but of course there are a few standouts and one of them for me is Bookfan Mary! She's just great. Ditto on Bermuda Onion, another fabulous blogger. I'm so glad to have met all these fantastic people who share the same interest. Hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Before I met Ryan @ Wordsmithonia (http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com/), I had no idea that people had book blogs. Probably sounds pretty dumb, but I didn't. I credit him with inspiring me to create my blog. I made a true friend in him and he remains one of my most loyal supporters. I have made a lot of friends and met some great bloggers, but Ryan will always remain that one special blogger to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! Wow - I had no idea I was the first :)

    You got me researching who came to my blog in the early days (besides friends and family) and it would appear to be Marie of The Boston Bibliophile. She still comes by to this day, so that's really special!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only one who is still around from those first 5 months is Kathy from Bermudaonion. She was just starting out, but zoomed right past me in the book blogosphere in no time at all :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I hope you keep coming back!